IMPORTANT: Not all Welsh terrier up for adoption have been posted yet. We first address any medical issues and evaluate temperament prior to listing. You are automatically added to the database when you fill out an adoption application, found under the rescue tab on this site. All applicants are fully vetted.
If you have any questions about the dogs posted or pending posts, contact Lyn Hollis at 731-584-6530. It is also a good idea to contact your local rep direct, via their contact information, to introduce yourself.
Please make sure you fill out an adoption form, there is a link under the rescue tab. Once accepted a rep will contact you and ask to do a home visit in preparation for bringing one of these feisty, smart dogs into your home.
Betty needs love and patience. She came from a breeding kennel and hasn’t had much opportunity to learn how to be a house dog.
Betty is a spayed 10-year old girl. She came from a breeding kennel and hasn’t had much opportunity to learn how to be a house dog. Despite this, she is healthy, energetic, and quite sweet. She loves to snuggle and would be ok with older children but not toddlers. She likes to take walks and seems to be ok with other dogs. She does seem to have a preference for male dogs. I would not trust her around small furry animals. She will need a 6-foot fenced yard as she can clear a 4.5-foot fence. She has minimal obedience and barely knows her name, although she seems willing to learn (for food). Her main issue that any new home will have to be understanding about is house training. She has never been taught to go potty outside, and it will take someone willing to work with her.
Betty has had a tough life, and it always amazes me how these little dogs shrug off the past and welcome each day with a wagging tail. She will be a great pet!
Betty is in Sequim, Washington and cannot be shipped. To adopt this fabulous middle age/senior you must have an application on file. Direct your application to JUDITH PEACE | SEQUIM, WA | 206-909-4393 | JANDDPEACE@GMAIL.COM
We have a welshie in Alberta, Canada…very rare.
A little bit about Petey:
· Six-year-old neutered male
· No allergies or health issues
· House trained
· Crate trained
· Has been through fairly extensive obedience training, including both group classes and private training as needed. He is highly food motivated and very trainable, but he is a typical Welsh so he chooses when he listens. He will require consistent training and expectations while he adjusts to a new home, so potential adopters should be prepared for this adjustment period.
· Walks well on a leash, but can be reactive to other dogs so he needs consistent reinforcement to work on improving this reactivity.
· Loves to play fetch/catch
· Loves toys and bones – in the last two years he’s even started to not destroy all of his toys as soon as he receives them.
· Does not do well with other animals or children
· Has difficulty listening when over-excited, can be hard to re-focus his attention without a time out in his crate.
· Cannot be off-leash
MUST have an application on file! Go to http://www.wtcadopt.com/
Call Lyn Hollis for more information (731-584-6530) – but have an application in before reaching out. We are looking for a home in Canada, must be able to travel to Alberta to meet and pick-up Petey